The primary concern of every business is fame, name, goodwill and moreover wealth which every owner strives for. But Vastu says if this important place of business has defects in terms of building shape, position of owner's room & staff and placement of different sections, then problems like loss in business and slow or no growth seem to be common. A Vastu conformed office prospers in every way and enjoys good business growth, ability to control staff, earns good riches and flourishes in other prospects. Direction is not the only key factor that determines good or bad of office but the overall structure of building makes it auspicious for business purpose.
Generally handfuls of people consult Vastu for the construction of an office but they lately realize the effects that they endure once business is begun. To have the full benefit of office and reap riches from business, office should be constructed following Vastu principles. Here are some effective Vastu tips to design office building :
- Office building should be facing East and also entrance should from here only.
- Shape of office building should be regular as in square or rectangle but avoid any irregular or extended plot.
- Extended direction like South or West in a plot is considered inauspicious and should be avoided.
- Entrance of Office structure should not face T-point.
- Water element should be placed in North-east only.
- Electrical equipments such as generators, refrigerator, water cooler and transformer must be positioned in South-east zone.
- Reception room should be near the entrance.
- Avoid any kind of construction in North-east and if it is extended then do not place heavy material here. It is ideal to keep North-east vacant, well lit and clean. Owner of the business should have his cabin in South-west and must sit facing North while dealing with customers.
- Stairs are ideal in South, South-west and North-west. Middle or centre of the building should be empty with no construction.
Reception should ideally be built in North-east. Pantry if any in the office is placed in South-east.
The profound principles of vastu are applicable to every workspace. There is nothing superstitious about vastu. Rather, this science of construction and interiors is one of the most scientific ways of ensuring good health, high productivity and a happier ambiance in the work space. Simple techniques adopted in office arrangement can bring a perceivable change in the atmosphere. Remember, vastu shastra, contrary to common perceptions, does not always require demolition.
The entrance for offices, a large entrance is very desirable. This is one aspect that you should ensure because a large entrance not only aids energy movement, but also lends an impression of spaciousness, which has a positive influence on employees and visitors alike. Placing a water fountain or an aquarium in the northeast corner of entrance lobby is also a good idea because water is associated with soothing and calmness. Avoid placing fire elements in the entrance. Ensure that the area is well illuminated. If you have a religious inclination, you can place images of spiritual deities in the entrance lobby. If you do not want this, a vastu consultant can suggest strategic placement of vastu pyramids and other powerful objects. Preferably, entrance should be located facing east or north. Also, the entrance should not face a T-fork.